I made this game up in 2011. Feel free to add to it in the comments.
Drink once every time:
- Someone mentions granite countertops, crown molding, or hardwood flooors.
- Anyone uses the phrase "great for entertaining."
- The buyers complain about a paint color, light fixtures, or cabinets.
- The buyers complain about landscaping or lack of fencing or a deck.
- There was nothing wrong with their current home.
Drink twice every time:
- The buyers scorn anything under 3,000 square feet.
- The realtor shows them something above their price range.
- In the interview shot, the realtor says the buyers are unrealistic.
- One of the buyers disregards the other's concerns about commute or some other quality-of-life issue.
- The husband is obsessed with having a "man cave."
Do a shot or drink three times when:
- Someone makes the joke that the wife gets the bedroom closet and the husband gets the coat closet.
- The buyers end up buying the house out of their price range.
- The buyers make some glaring cultural faux pas (for House Hunters International)
- The buyers pay more for a vacation house that you spent on the house you live in.
- They buy a house based on something they want for a pet or inanimate object (like a piano).