Hi everyone. I'm a little stuck right now. I think the reason is that I'm just so distraught about James Kim. I can't seem to stop crying about him, and for his wife and little girls. Dutch's beautiful elegy for him is here.
I'm also trying to organize my thoughts. I've been getting a bunch of questions about the upcoming holidays, and think maybe I should just do a massive, 2-day blitz of holiday-related questions. Here's what I've got so far (add more in the comments if you want to talk about them):
- The Santa problem (Do you do Santa or not? Religious Christians and Santa, Jewish people and Santa? How to tell your kids there's no Santa. What to tell kids about all the Santas on the street.)
- Gift overload/inappropriate gifts.
- Dealing with stress and inappropriate expectations of your kids during holiday celebrations.
- Dealing with Christmas trees and toddlers.
- What happened to the kid who licked the pole in The Christmas Story.
As you can see, the list is skewed toward Christmas-related questions, but I'm happy to take other holiday (Solstice, Hanukkah, Eid, Kwanzaa, Festivus, etc.) questions to make it a true Holiday post. If I don't know the answers, I'll just throw it out here to the crowd.
Also, if you've covered any of those topics on your own blog, send or comment the post to me and I'll put it up with the big mega-holiday blow-out next week.