Clip show today:
1. If any of you were as disheartened as I was by the mean-spirited "Dear Mom on the iPhone" post that went around (that I won't link to because it makes me so upset), I hope this really lovely piece "Dear Mom on the iPhone, I Get It" by Fried Okra restores your faith in humanity like it did for me.
2. I posed a piece on the HuffPo Divorce site yesterday about starting running as a way to show your body that you love it. Don't judge my playlist–I just turned 40.
3. If you are wondering if I'm ever going to shut up about exercising, well, no, I am not. This piece shows why: "Fit at 102" The money shot here: "Many people don’t realize that problems they associate with old age actually are caused by poor fitness, experts say…" I'm not going down without a fight, and this man in the story is an inspiration (he started working out at age 98).
4. By now you've probably heard that Google Reader is being shut down in a few months. Here's a list of alternatives.
5. Remember my friend who took a picture of the guy who touched her daughter and showed it to the police, who then hauled the guy in and he turned out to be a child rapist out on parole? The case went to court, and my friend and her daughter testified, and the jury came back with a guilty verdict, so this miserable slime who raped his own daughters is now going back to prison. I am so proud of my friend and of her daughter. And so thankful for a sensible and good jury.
6. My 7-year-old told me this morning he'd like to change his name to Turbo.
What's new with you?