Today’s the day we start the Take Yourself Seriously 60-Day Challenge.
The rules are simple:
1. Choose three things that will make you a healthier person–physically, emotionally, spiritually–and do them for this 60-day period, from now through April 26.
2. If it’s the kind of thing you do every day (like drinking enough water), do it every day. If it’s the kind of thing you do less often (like exercising three times a week, or seeing a therapist once a week) do it at that frequency.
3. If you don’t do it one day, rub some dirt on it and keep going. The important thing is hanging in there through the end, not doing it perfectly every day.
4. If you realize one of the things you picked just isn’t going to work for your life, pick something else and switch. There’s no point in dragging yourself through something that doesn’t make sense just because you posted here that you would. This is for you, not for the internets at large.
5. Post your three things here today. Every day I’ll post a little check-in post, where you can keep a record of what you did the day before. If you want to post, post. If you don’t, don’t. Once a week I’ll post a longer post to discuss how it’s going.
6. No judging other people’s three things, but if you have info that could help them, please post it.
7. Have fun!
Now for my three things:
1. Asleep between 10 and 10:30 on weeknights.
2. Eat five servings of vegetables a day. Part of a bigger plan to eat better in general, but 5 vegetables is doable.
3. Coffee: I’ve been thinking about it, and really I just want to be more mindful of what I eat/drink. So no more free coffee at work. If I drink coffee it’s going to be fair trade or really delicious in some other way. And that afternoon "it’s three o’clock so let’s have coffee"? Nope–green tea. I hate green tea. I think I’m going to be drinking a lot of green tea.